Monday, January 18, 2010

the eye in my back yard




I was never a big picture taker until we moved to California back in 1979, and then I got a decent 35 mm because everything was so beautiful and different from IL. I still didn't take pictures incessantly until I gave birth to my first son - and then it became important to me to capture what seems to be every nuance of Joshie's face - and then Timmy, and then Sammy- I've got boxes of pictures of my children which chronicles the years they spent every day with me. I really wish digital cameras were around back then - because I was limited by the amount of money I could spend on film and film development. We had 3 boys...i didn't "work"... so i was limited. My children might have been the most photographed children ever if I'd had my digital then.




anyway - my new canon Rebel camera is so much fun - and it probably would be more fun if I ever take the time to read the darn instruction book. So many settings that i know nothing about!




Some of my Facebook Friends are doing the Picture a Day thing ... because my children are basically out of the house, I'm reduced to taking pictures of trees, birds, lights...I love to take pictures of lamp posts - I suggest lamp posts if you need something to focus on when taking a city walk- so many designs, so many ways to light up a street!




ANYWAY - I'm telling you all this basically to explain the pictures I'm going to attach here - there's a tree in my back yard - i was walking around the yard trying to find something that struck my fancy for the picaday post - and i realized that something was looking at me - something ANGRY looking. I've walked past that tree many times, and that's the first time I really saw it. And it made me wonder - what else have i missed while walking?

No comments:

Post a Comment