Tuesday, May 18, 2010

rhubarb crumble

May 18 - I vowed to post something, anything! , here everyday...so today a simple recipe. It's springtime after all, and people can find lovely rhubarb here and there.

I first tasted rhubarb pie when i was a kid, and I have to admit, I thought it was hideous. But a few years ago, the fruit/veggie stand in Belleville had a lovely pile of rhubarb, and I thought, huh. let's give it another go!

Here's a recipe for Rhubarb Crumble

Butter an 9 x 12 size glass baking pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes

Mix together and then plop into the buttered baking dish
8 cups of cleaned, diced rhubarb
5 tblsp orange juice (i've made it without and it's just as good)
2 cups white sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tblsp melted butter

Make Topping and plop it on top of the rhubarb mixture

3/4 melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups oats

That's all there is to it...and I have to say, it's very yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment