Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday, May 28, 2010

It's the Friday before the long Memorial Day weekend...another weekend of work, to be sure, but for some reason I'm not dreading it as I've dreaded the past few. Could it be because the sun is out and the sky is blue? Probably.

Last weekend the boys (and one girl!) came home for a work weekend - so much outside work was done and it all was greatly appreciated! Scraping, painting, moving furniture...the house is going to look so beautiful by the time we get that For Sale sign out front, I'm not going to want to sell it!

I've spent weeks going through possessions - where did it all come from!!!??? Goodwill is benefiting greatly from this house sale because I don't want to have a garage sale. Tim's Mary is so funny - she's very good about saying "NO" when i say "hey, do you want this?" As i was going through yet ANOTHER cupboard, i laughed and said "keep that skill of saying NO, sweetie and you won't end up like me!!"

I've got tons of stuff from when i was little, from my Mom, from Dan's Mom, from Dan's GRANDMOTHER! I'm trying to be brutal about what I keep, but I'm noticing that my pile of boxes is much bigger than Dan's. I think he's being more brutal than I. Of course, he hasn't started going through the garage yet, so mebbe that's when his pile will grow.

Photography class was good this past Wednesday - only 1 session left. I'll take the next class in the series (Fundamentals 2) in the fall - the next few months will be busy enough for me...lots of decisions and such. The homework involved taking photos that indicated MOTION in different ways. When the boys were little, finding MOTION was easier - they were ALWAYS in motion. :) I included my metronome movement shot in my picaday on fb - 30 second exposure time with the camera on a tripod.

The last 2 classes have been downtown Indy, near the Indiana War Memorial building. Sitting there Wednesday, a very angry brown man walked by yelling "kill the white folks, kill the white folks!" He looked at the group of us, 10 white women, 1 man of India heritage, and yelled it some more - "Kill the White Folks! Kill the white Folks! It's gonna have to be done someday so KIll THEM ALL NOW!"

Huh. He really didn't look like he wanted to kill US? it was more like he wanted us to AGREE with him! I wanted to say "Hey, do you not see that we are white? and what have i done to you lately? Personally Sir? I'm going through enough without having to worry about you wanting to kill me! so Knock it Off!"

But I said nothing. And he strode off, yelling as he went. Obviously he had a bad day and was taking no responsibility for it.

Anyway - This weekend? We need to finish rearranging furniture, scrub the basement, and finish setting up for viewing by possible buyers. Plus, some Sam Time for me in Terre Haute.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment