Tuesday, June 1, 2010

06.01.2010 that was a fast 3 day weekend!

The house is almost ready to put on the market - clutter has been removed (to boxes, to Goodwill, to Tim's house! :) ) floors have been cleaned, walls have been painted, furniture has been moved. And the perennials are nearly ready to burst into bloom. The yard will be a sea of orange soon - which hopefully will help, not hinder, the house sale.

I guess the realtor will arrive tomorrow when I am at work, let herself into our house (which really kind of freaks me out) and STAGE the house...bringing in her stuff, arranging it throughout, and then taking pictures of all the rooms. She'll then create a VIDEO TOUR of our house and put it on their website.

Hopefully, someone will search for a 5 bedroom house with a big yard in Clayton Indiana, see the video tour, and fall in love with the HOUSE, want to buy the HOUSE...not fall in love with and want to buy her accessories.

I spent Saturday morning with Sam - he's living in a house in Terre Haute with a few friends for the summer instead of coming home, and having to work incessantly at keeping the house primed for viewing. A very wise choice on his part. I took my bike along, and we rode around Terre Haute, ending up having lunch at the Saratoga (gyros!) and then cruising along the Wabash, winding our way through some sort of festival.

I bought a bottle of Watkins vanilla - Sam bought a bottle of water.

I'm continuing on the path to being prepared for singledom again. So many of the things Dan has said that bothers him about me and our marriage, the stuff that has brought us to this point - well, his view of those things are totally opposite to MY view. Go figure. And as we ahem "discuss" these items, he sometimes understands my point of view - but that doesn't change his mind about divorce. Not that I thought it would - he's a very stubborn man. And once he decides something? It's set in stone for him. The fact that my position on some things changes from day to day drives him crazy. Too bad, says I. It's a woman's perogative to change her mind whenever she damnwell feels like it. It's awful that he is so unmovable. But then, oh well. And too bad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment